Brightspace does not auto-submit a test at the end of the test time limit. Therefore, if a student has not submitted the attempt in time, the grade will remain unpublished. To publish the attempt on behalf of a student, do the following:
- Navigate to Quizzes in the navbar.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the relevant quiz and select ‘Grade’.
- Click on ‘Show search options’.
- Select ‘Users with attempts in progress’.
- Select the magnifying glass in the empty search box to apply your search.
- From the list of students select the Enter Quiz as User icon next to the (In Progress) attempt.
- A pop-up message asking for confirmation will appear. Select Yes to impersonate the student and enter the quiz.
- A page that lists the student’s responses to the quiz questions will open. Select Submit.
- After selecting Submit once, the Quiz Submission Confirmation page will display.
- Select Submit again. The attempt has now been submitted and can be graded.
* Remember to select the ‘Automatic export to grades’ option under the ‘Assessment’ tab when you create the quiz, otherwise none of the students’ marks will appear under Grades.