*Firstly, navigate to Grades in the navbar and select the Setup Wizard. Make sure under step 3 of 7 to select ‘Treat ungraded items as 0’.
Next, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Grades in the navbar.
- Click on the Manage Grades
- Click New > Category.
- Give the category a name and weight.
- Under the heading Distribution, select ‘Distribute weight evenly across all items’.
- Under ‘Number of lowest non-bonus items to drop for each user’, insert the number of lowest assessment marks you want to drop, e.g. 2. If you have five assessment items in total, the two assessments with the lowest marks will be dropped from the calculations.
- Click Save and Close.
- Add the new relevant assessment items to the category.
NOTE: You can also take this approach to only have one mark for students after a special opportunity test (“sick tests”).